Jim's Polka

The life of a former software engineer, now a law student

Friday, May 28, 2004

Boy, I was on a role today. I'm finally laying off the slacking about some essential law school tasks. I think I've been in denial a little bit about moving. This is understandable, since I'm pretty comfortable with things as they are now, but I've made a decision that it's time to move on so I'd better be ready to follow through.

So, with that in mind, I finally took care of sending my transcript to the admissions office. Apparently they needed an official one directly from the school. I hadn't gotten around to it because I didn't want to do it from my work computer. Our IT guy has too much free time on his hands and he like to read our e-mail and track our web use. Anyway, one of the many things I love about my undergraduate school is how easy they make it to take care of this. A couple clicks, enter the address and they'll take care of the rest.

But, there is the slightly bigger problem. I have to prove I've had a measles vaccine. Unfortunately, it's been 11 years since I last had to do this. My mom has moved 4 times during that period, including to England and back. My dad has moved twice. And my pediatrician has retired. *sigh* So, I called the office of the practice he was in. They're going to need me to request my file from long-term storage and I'm not even confident that it has the information in it. So, I've scheduled an appointment with a doctor for next week, just to be on the safe side. I hope I don't have to get the vaccine again. That would make the third time, which would just be silly.

Oh, and I finally talked to a realtor about selling our place here. I feel good about the buying part, having done it once before, but this is our first go at selling a place. She's coming Sunday to check the place out.