Jim's Polka

The life of a former software engineer, now a law student

Monday, May 03, 2004

D. and I have a rule about teen movies. We'll only go to the ones that are based on works of great literature.* This opens up She's All That, Clueless and 10 Things I Hate About You, while theoretically saving us from some of the more ridiculous movies of the type. Actually, it applies a thin layer of pretension to our sketchy taste in movies, but we try not to dwell on that. I haven't figured out whether Mean Girls meets the requirement since it's apparently based on a recent popular sociology book. I have a feeling it's going to happen whether I want it or not....

* This isn't entirely true. We also have a special exception for dancing movies. So far, we've only used that to see Save the Last Dance.