Jim's Polka

The life of a former software engineer, now a law student

Monday, May 17, 2004

Eight years ago, in February, I met a girl in a Wendy's on the Pennsylvania Turnpike. We were both on our way to a dance competition in Cleveland.
In the following months, I danced with her occasionally.
In October, I asked her out.
On November 15, we had our zeroth date. (Watching Strictly Ballroom and Dirty Dancing with the ballroom club.)
The following day, we had our first date. (Shear Madness at the Kennedy Center.)
Three years ago, in April, I asked that girl a question and (after a long pause while she considered her options) gave her a ring.
Two years ago, on this date, we exchanged rings and crowns (for explanation, see here and here), danced the Greek wedding dance and danced a first foxtrot (way better than a first waltz, I think).
Since then, we've had two wonderful years together. So, happy anniversary, sweetie! I'm lucky to have married you. Let's make it years and years more.