Jim's Polka

The life of a former software engineer, now a law student

Saturday, May 01, 2004

Evan at Notes from the (Legal) Underground noted today that he had been linked to by a Japanese blog. I don't get a whole lot of opportunities to practice Japanese these days, so I thought I'd give it a try translating. If nothing else, I've learned a few Japanese legal terms in the process.

So, here goes:

"I found a blog yesterday called Notes from the Legal Underground that is apparently written by a lawyer from Illinois. As you can see here and here , he makes quite good use of irony and is fun to read.

According to a post today, an idea has been introduced that doctors and hospitals frankly apologizing and explaining their mistakes rather than fearing litigation and denying them out of self defense can get better understanding from patients and bereaved family, make lawsuits less frequent and reduce the total cost of medical mistakes.

Based on my limited observation, I've come to believe that in not a few cases of medical malpractice inappropriate contact by the doctor or hospital after the accident increases trouble and I'm not sure this positively supports the above proposition."

I was pleasantly surprised at how easy that was. I had to look up many words, but the grammar was not too much for me. (Although I'm still not positive about the last sentence.)