Jim's Polka

The life of a former software engineer, now a law student

Saturday, May 15, 2004

Thursday, my company had the product release party I mentioned previously. In a triumph of planning, we had a huge meal (including appetizer, salad, dessert) and immediately went rock-climbing. Nothing like scaling 40-foot walls on a full stomach, right?

Anyway, it was a ton of fun. This was my first time rock-climbing and I think I at least managed to avoid embarassing myself. I did slip off the wall the last time I climbed, but that happens. And, it was a nice chance to rest as I spun in the air.

But, I sure have the sore muscles to show for it. I even had trouble opening the jar of spaghetti sauce when I was making dinner. This is a problem because jar-opening is the main reason that D keeps me around. (Well, she says I'm good for getting stuff off high shelves, too, so at least I have the to fall back on.)