Jim's Polka

The life of a former software engineer, now a law student

Saturday, June 26, 2004

Showing Off for the President

My company demonstrated our product to the president the other day. Now, I don't support him or his policies in any way, but the fact is, something I helped to produce was shown to the President of the United States. The demo went well and he liked it, so I'm pretty proud of our work. One of the guys who went along to assist with the demo even got an actual Dubya nickname. (The nickname was "Big Doug", which is not too exciting, but even so...) Our CEO is very involved in the Republican Party, so he did the talking. We just had to simulate a terrorist attack. No big deal.

Even though I'm going to be leaving in two months, it's still great to see things going well. Maybe those stock options will pay off someday...