Jim's Polka

The life of a former software engineer, now a law student

Monday, June 28, 2004

Slightly Too Phallic, Perhaps

Have you seen the new commercial for Ballpark Franks? It basically features a middle-American looking guy repeatedly using the word "girthy" to describe what men look for in a hotdog. (or maybe in a "hotdog"?) I'm glad to know I'm not the only person wondering exactly what message the Ballpark people are trying to convey. I mean, I don't think I make too many buying decisions based on my latent homoerotic urges, but they probably have very smart advertising people telling them otherwise.

(By the way, the dictionary for the Blogger spellchecker doesn't contain the words phallic or homoerotic. I don't really know what to make of that, but I thought it might be interesting to point out.)