Jim's Polka

The life of a former software engineer, now a law student

Saturday, June 26, 2004

Two Geeky Suggestions

I don't expect people to pay attention to this advice, since even my mom doesn't remember to ask my opinion before buying stuff, but I'm going to give it a shot anyway.

Number one, if you're going to buy anything electronic or computer-related, do yourself a big favor and check out Techbargains. They collect information about all sorts of really good deals on stuff. Among other things, they always have a coupon or two for Dell products. It saved me several hundred dollars on my laptop.

Two, given the current problem with Internet Explorer, do yourself a favor and install Firefox. Not only is it unaffected by the vulnerabilities of Internet Explorer, but it's just plain better.