Jim's Polka

The life of a former software engineer, now a law student

Saturday, June 26, 2004

What Am I Supposed to Give for the 3rd Anniversary?

Heidi is aghast at the traditional gifts you're supposed to give for various wedding anniversaries. But, she's completely right about the alternative. ("Why would you give anything other than books, ever?") In our home, we've broadened that to include DVDs and CDs, but I think that's partially because we're moving in two months and books are a lot heavier than CDs. At this point, those are almost the only things I can buy for D. She has some jewelry that she really likes, but she doesn't want more. And I've long since proved myself incapable of buying the right size clothing for her, so I'm left with nice dinners and books/CDs/DVDs as the best options for gifts.