Jim's Polka

The life of a former software engineer, now a law student

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Eek

We are now a one income family. D had her last day of work last Wednesday. It's a momentous occasion that has hasn't been sufficiently celebrated yet.

But, it's also one more step towards the inexorably approaching day when we leave town. We're scheduled to settle on the sale of our current place next week. (We're renting back until the end of August.) I'm selling my car pretty soon. (We never really needed more than one car, anyway.) D is going to Seattle next week to find us a place to live.

It's scary how fast it's all happening.

On the bright side, I had a really good experience talking to the bank today. I don't want to jinx it, so I'll just say that a process that I thought was going to take a really long time is going to take no time at all.