Jim's Polka

The life of a former software engineer, now a law student

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Secret's Out

A side-effect of my unexpected trip to Seattle is that my secret is out at work. Most of the higher-ups already knew, but I was planning to wait another week or two to tell everyone else. Unfortunately, the only really good explanation for my suddenly missing two days of work was the truth. So, now everyone knows. They're taking it pretty well, except for the guy who keeps mumbling "damn lawyers" when he walks by. But, I'm pretty sure he's joking. Many people weren't too surprised, because they all knew about D's mysterious career transition and expected that we would take the opportunity to move to the West Coast. For me, it's nice to finally be able to talk about all this stuff. Keeping it in was driving me crazy.