Jim's Polka

The life of a former software engineer, now a law student

Friday, August 20, 2004

Homeowners Again

We're now homeowners again! We settled on our new place in Seattle yesterday. I was a little nervous, because we were doing it at a distance. We signed everything last Friday, which included a trip to the notary. I dropped the envelope, with a pretty sizeable check in it, into the UPS drop box on Monday morning. And then just waited and hoped there was no problem. Our agent called me with the good news yesterday afternoon.

I'm pretty excited by this place. It's a 3 bedroom townhouse, which is a step up for us from our current condo. It's actually not that much bigger than our condo, but the condo is pretty big, so that's not such a bad thing. Hard wood floors for the living room/dining room/kitchen area and carpeting for the rest of the house. I just hope everything fits in.