Jim's Polka

The life of a former software engineer, now a law student

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Quick Notes

  • D got some really good career-related news yesterday. Since I'm still not allowed to tell you what she does, you'll just have to take my word for it. It lays to rest a worry that's been hanging over her head for months.
  • The school matched us all up with professional mentor, and there was a party for us all last week. I met my mentor there and I have to say, I think he might be the best mentor ever. He studied the same thing I did as an undergrad, worked in the same field before law school and works for a pretty major technology company doing IP stuff, which I think I might be interested. Oh, and he says he wants to introduce me to a lot of the local lawyers doing that kind of work. Yay!
  • There's a scary possibility that these people are in my section. If so, I'm sorry about that.