Jim's Polka

The life of a former software engineer, now a law student

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Fame and Fortune

Well, fame anyway. And not really for me. My torts professor (and, by extension, my torts class) was featured on the front page of one of the local newspapers today. I'm not the sort that sits in the front of the class, so I didn't make either of the pictures in the paper. ProfTorts is a really interesting guy. The article itself is not so much. It seems like a pretty standard day-before-Thanksgiving human interest kind of thing. I think they have a template for this type of story and he didn't deviate much. The article's right about one thing, though. We were in tears from laughter when he showed us the law student's version of the ending of "The Sun Also Rises".

I'm off to the other side of the state tomorrow morning to have Thanksgiving with the in-laws. They don't have much in the way of internet access, so posting will be exactly as infrequent as it's been. We're going to be flying there, probably in a 12-seater. It'll be fun and exciting.