Jim's Polka

The life of a former software engineer, now a law student

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Getting the Hang of It?

I got my grades last week. I have to say, I'm pleased with the results. On the other hand, it's just midterms, so there's no point in getting too excited about it. Now I just have to figure out whether it was a fluke.

The reading hasn't been too hard to keep up with, so far. I've been studying during all that extra time on Friday before D gets home from work, so I've been able to get done much of my reading before the weekend even starts. Unfortunately, law school has created this feeling of foreboding that leaves me certain that disaster is just steps away. In this context, disaster will probably come in the form of a really long, annoying assignment for BLS.

Or disaster will come from signing up for another moot court competition. The mediation competition in the fall was pretty tiring, so I wasn't going to do another one. But then one of my friends asked me if I wanted to do the contract competition with her. It's not often that you get asked to team up with one of the smartest people in the class (as I think she is), so I figured I'd give it a shot. This one might be only two days, so it won't kill me.