Jim's Polka

The life of a former software engineer, now a law student

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

A Post for My Wife

D was complaining the other day that I don't mention her very much in my posts. I told her that part of the problem is that she doesn't want me to mention her occupation on the blog.

However, despite that limitation, I will mention that she finally started work at her new job just before Christmas, three months after accepting their offer. The job seems to be pretty good, although she's still ramping up at this point. She's pretty happy with the support staff and the infrastructure in general. She's not so happy with the 45 minute commute, unfortunately. The current plan is for her to work there for a while and keep an eye out for positions opening closer to home. The people she works for have a whole bunch of locations, including one within walking distance, so she might be able to find something. But, she's going to have to put up with the current location for a little while.

Her parents drove up to visit while I was back east visiting my family. The left a bunch of things when the drove back, including 7 rolls of toilet paper. We're not sure why.