Jim's Polka

The life of a former software engineer, now a law student

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Sweeeeeeet

I got an e-mail yesterday from one of the partners from the law firm I interviewed with last week. It came in right at the beginning of CivPro. Basically, he said they were making me an offer and the formal letter was on its way. I was so excited it was all I could do not to shout and run out of the room right then. I managed to confine myself to excited IMs to DG, who was sitting next to me.

It's pretty great that I know what I'll be doing for the summer. It's one less thing to worry about, at least. And, I'm really looking forward to working with these people. I talked to 10 lawyers there over 2 days and I really liked all of them. Everyone was interesting, personable and incredibly enthusiastic about their job and about the firm. It's also downtown, which means I won't have any trouble taking the bus to work. That's pretty important, given that we're a one-car family and D has started work again.