Jim's Polka

The life of a former software engineer, now a law student

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Uh oh

I think I may have peaked too early. Or just spent too much time studying this weekend. I just can't force my brain to think about this anymore. Apparently, the intricacies of subject-matter jurisdiction are no longer worth considering. Venue is a lost cause. And as for discovery, forget it. My brain just keeps reminding me how comfortable my bed is. And wouldn't it be nice to go to sleep.........

Oh, but I forgot to mention the most inspiring moment yesterday. As we're sitting in the law school cafe in the morning (around 10, I think), a 3L comes up:

3L: "OK, I need some help with this, cuz my brain is totally fried. The exam started at 8:30 and I'm supposed to have 3 1/4 hours. Does that mean I'm done at 11:45?"

Us: "Um, yes......"

3L: "Great! That means I have time for a smoke break. I am taking the shit out of this exam....."

So, now I have something to aspire to. It's important to have goals.