Jim's Polka

The life of a former software engineer, now a law student

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Getting Better, Bit by Bit

Last week I took a huge step (for me). I bought a new couch! We haven't had a couch in our house since we moved in back in September. Our old couch didn't fit up the stairs, so we gave up and put it in the garage. The plan was to get a new couch and pay some movers to hoist it up the outside of the house. All we had to do was find someone to do it. (In the meantime, we've been sitting on cushions on the floor.)

Time passed....

And passed...

Finally, I found someone over spring break. It's gonna cost $240, which is about what we were expecting. And then I bought the couch (in Sage, if you're wondering). It's not cheap, but my grandmother always said that buying cheap was false economy, so I think we made the right choice. Unfortunately, we're going to have to wait a month or so for it to come in. Having made it this long without, I'm not too worried.

We also finally got an estimate for someone to trim the tree that's growing into the side of the house. It rubs against the house when it's windy and makes a noise even worse than fingernails on a chalkboard. And that's not even including the special thrill from knowing that it's my house that's being damaged. (The tree is on my neighbor's property.)

Anyway, I'm really procrastinating from reading parts of the Federalist Papers for Conlaw. Time to get back to it, I guess.