Jim's Polka

The life of a former software engineer, now a law student

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Lucky Me

The 9th Circuit is hearing cases at the law school this morning, but I'm going to be stuck in CrimLaw instead. *sigh*

At least the protesters made the walk in slightly more interesting. Everyone said that the big issue would be a Navy abortion case, but the biggest sign I see out there says "Stop the Back Door Draft". I'm not sure if there's a particular case or if it's just a good occasion for protest.

On the bright side, the state supreme court is going to be here in a couple weeks, so I'll try to go to that.

Update: Apparently I was misled about the abortion case. The Back Door Draft sign is referring to Santiago v. Rumsfeld. Santiago is challenging the military's stop loss policy.

Update 2: Yeah, I'm a moron. I looked around the website a little more and found the abortion case. Doe v. United States.