Jim's Polka

The life of a former software engineer, now a law student

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Sick and Other Notes

Ugh. The rough draft of my appellate brief is due on Friday, so of course I got sick. This is not making it easier to recover from last week's slacking.

The worst part, actually, is the dreams. I had a fever last night, which tends to make me have weird dreams. This time, I dreamt about ConLaw. I'm not sure what was going on, but I'm pretty sure federalism was involved. I may even have dreamed about Lopez. It was horrible.

So, it's now been over a month since we finished our exams and exactly one grade is posted. Apparently, they're holding off releasing 1L grades until all the professors have turned in grades. ProfTorts just submitted his grades today (a week after the deadline). The remaining contracts prof could still be working, for all I know. As for CivPro, well, I'm not complaining.

Oh, I shouldn't be complaining about making up for my slacking. One of my classmates went to a wedding in Denver the weekend before last. She was planning to come back Sunday but got stuck there until Wednesday because of a big blizzard. Then she got really sick, so she didn't come in to class on Thursday or Friday. Basically, she didn't do any work at all for a week and a half. Of course, I could look at this as an experiment - how essential is that week of class? Can a smart person recover without losing her mind? (My money's on yes.)