Jim's Polka

The life of a former software engineer, now a law student

Friday, April 08, 2005

Times Change

12 hours ago, I started thinking about a post I was going to write. I was going to explain how I was annoyed at my Conlaw professor. Apparently not satisfied to have us in class 4 days a week, he scheduled a review session for Fridays at 1:30. The review was to be run by someone who seems to be serving the same function as a TA. I'm not sure what her formal position at the school is. Anyway, I was going to complain about how it annoys me that he's trying to cut into my time that could be spent doing any number of other things. (e.g. Studying, sleeping, drinking with my friends, playing Halo 2...) Plus, it was encouraging very law school-type thinking like "What if I don't go? Will everyone else have an advantage over me?"

In fact, that annoyance (and a little laziness) led me to skip the review. Apparently it was the best choice I could have made. The people who went say that it actually took them backwards in their understanding of the class and the writing assignment we have due Monday. I guess they spent the whole time struggling to figure out what she's talking about.

So, instead of complaining, I'm just giving thanks. And let that be a lesson to you super-competitive types - sometimes it's better to let laziness win.