Jim's Polka

The life of a former software engineer, now a law student

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Class Selection

It a pain in my butt. (Luckily I have a new couch to sit it on.)

So, I put in my request for the Tech Law clinic. I ended up number 2 on the waitlist. The good news there is that I talked to the prof running it and he says that "If you're really interested, I'll let you in." I told him I am, in fact, really interested, so he said I'm in. This is excellent. The work for the class seems really interesting and the professor's pretty cool, as a bonus. He's a fellow East-coaster, which is good. I feel like I need to hang out with a few people from the East Coast, just so I don't end up with a fragile, avoid-confrontation-at-all-costs TVPNM psyche. (You can tell the natives around here. They're the ones who complain about how abrasive the New York people are. Me, I'm not abrasive, but somtimes I like hanging out with people who are.)

Anyway, today was the due date for submitting class requests for next year. It's not exactly registration, just putting in for the lottery in the popular classes. Regardless, I spent a while yesterday trying to figure out how to make it all fit together. Unfortunately, the school seems to be into letting the professors pick the times for their classes without much rhyme or reason. So, you end not able to take two classes because they overlap by 10 minutes. Very annoying.

Anyway, one way or the other, I'm not going to get to take everything I want next year. Hopefully, that won't be too big a deal in the long run.

I have been spending the last day or so breaking in the new couch. Yesterday, I took a nap on it. Today I watched an episode of The OC on it. And the very good news is that now that the furniture is all in place, I've confirmed that the PS2 and XBox controllers reach to the couch. So, life is good.