Jim's Polka

The life of a former software engineer, now a law student

Thursday, June 16, 2005

3-0

Yup, today's my thirtieth birthday. I celebrated by working on the law review write-on. Yay.

Actually, that's not entirely true. A couple of the lawyers in my group took me out to lunch, which was thoughtful. Then one of the summer associates who started with me this week organized a happy hour in my honor, which was even nicer. Despite the short notice, a bunch of people stopped by. They're turning out to be a pretty cool bunch. (They'd better be, since we're all going on the summer associate retreat this weekend.)

The prize for best birthday wishes goes to my sister, who sent me an e-card featuring a naked, dancing monkey. And, as everyone knows, monkeys are automatically funny.

D and I are postponing celebration until after the law review thing is done. It'll be just like our anniversary celebration.

Despite the importance of the day, work continued, mostly unaffected. I spent the afternoon reading patents, which is not the easiest thing to do. I'm still adjusting to the language and everything. Tomorrow I'm sitting in on a meeting with an inventor. Which is to say, work is still going great.