Jim's Polka

The life of a former software engineer, now a law student

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

ConLaw? Odd

I guess any ConLaw exam is bound to be odd when it excludes the Commerce Clause and the Constitutional Common Market. We accounted for the Commerce Clause in a writing assignment a couple weeks ago and we took care of the Common Market in the take-home portion of the exam. That sounds annoying, but it was kind of a relief to go into today's exam knowing that it was only worth 60% of the whole exam grade.

But, still. It was a little weird. Three hours for ten short answer questions with strict line limits. No typed answer could be longer than 9 lines. After an hour and 20 minutes, I had something written for all 10. I spent another half hour making sure I was happy with my answers and waiting for someone else to finish before me. For some reason, I feel weird being the first person to finish an exam. Anyway, I turned in the exam after 2 hours. I spent the rest of the time hanging out and wondering what everyone else was doing that was taking so long. (One person actually read all of Marbury v. Madison during the exam, so I guess that explains some of it.)

I also had a talk with the prof who runs the tech law clinic. I'm trying to pick a topic for a project for next year. The problem is, there are so many options that I'm having trouble narrowing things down. Anyway, I still have a while to think about it. Of course, ideas are welcome.