Jim's Polka

The life of a former software engineer, now a law student

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Enjoy It and Quit Whining

The retreat was a lot of fun. Despite forecasts of thunderstorms for yesterday, we had a cloudy day that turned to partly cloudy by the evening. I went out kayaking in the afternoon, while D got an aromatherapy massage. As previously seen, I'm incapable of remembering to put on sunscreen, so I got another sunburn. My shoulders and back are a little sore, too, but not as much as I expected. I met some cool people at the retreat, including a bunch of summer associates from other offices. After talking about ballroom with a bunch of people over the weekend, I'm thinking of starting up dance classes for the summer. We'll see if anything comes of that.

I'm still working on the write-on. I'm revising now, which is a little easier than doing the initial draft. Also, it's come to my attention that one of the other summer associates is studying for the bar while she's working, which makes my complaints seem trifling. She came along on the retreat, but spent many hours of it listening to Barbri tapes (on CivPro, I think).