Jim's Polka

The life of a former software engineer, now a law student

Friday, June 03, 2005

With A Whimper (and a Whine)

Almost without being noticed, the last class of my 1L year happened on Wednesday. It was a little anti-climactic, since it was followed with a review session for Property. We applauded ProfConLaw and ProfProperty. We would have applauded ProfCrimLaw if he hadn't fled so fast. He read us a little poem he wrote, then turned red and left the room. It was actually kind of endearing.

I think the girls are going to miss ProfProperty. Apparently, they've been checking out his butt every time he writes something on the board. Me, I wouldn't know about that, but I will miss his class. He actually won a teaching award at the prom last week. He also said something about me being one of his better students, but I'm pretty sure he has me confused with the woman who sits next to me in class. Still, nice to hear.

So, I told you the whimper. The whining comes next. There's the 3.5 hour ConLaw review session that I just got home from. Useful, but soooooooo tiring. I mean, after a while, you just don't want to hear about the dormant commerce clause anymore. I have exams next week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Then I get to pick up the law review write-on packet. We have two weeks to get it done. Of course, during those same two weeks, I'll be working, too. And, the middle weekend there's a retreat kind of thing for the summer associates, which I would hate to miss. Oh, and my 30th birthday. I think I'm going to officially postpone that until the law review thing is done. Wish me luck!