Jim's Polka

The life of a former software engineer, now a law student

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Write-on Update

On the topic of the write-on, I should note that I just finished my first draft this evening. It's terrible. Just awful. I had a bad case of writer's block earlier in the week and I was looking for a way out. Since I tend to do my best thinking when I'm running my mouth, I decided to go for the next best thing - freeform writing whatever seemed to work without worrying about silly things like wordiness and proper citation. Hence, terrible. But, at least I have something to work with as I revise. Hopefully, it'll turn out easier the second time through. At least I'm trying my best to follow the directions. I hear that's a real problem. (In fact, one of the other summer associates is also grading write-ons for Michigan Law Review and had the exact same complaint. Go figure.)