Jim's Polka

The life of a former software engineer, now a law student

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

It's been so long since I wrote about OCI, I actually have some results to report. Mostly bad, but still... There was one firm that I'd heard enough bad things about that I was sure I didn't want to work there. After the interview, I was pretty sure I wouldn't be a good fit there. Luckily, they felt the same way and sent me a rejection within two days. I've also gotten rejections from 2 other places. Only one callback, so far.

The most exciting bit of the week was when my bus got stuck in traffic and I almost missed my first interview of the day. That was with the firm that I have the callback for (a patent boutique). They spent a large part of the time making fun of one of the partners I worked for this summer. It was joking, since he used to work for them, but it was still a little weird. The same day, I had another odd one. The guy they sent had only been with the firm for 6 months. He spent the whole time telling me other firms I should be interviewing with. Then he closed out by telling me that they probably wouldn't be hiring anyone for the summer anyway. Everybody I've talked to had about the same experience. Surprisingly (ha), I still haven't heard back from them.

The summer firm is looking better all the time. Maybe I'll just go for a few extra days on the beach in Greece...